The Government of People’s Republic of China will provide thirty (30) full scholarship opportunities for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs for Solomon Islands (SI) Students to study in China starting with the Academic year 2023/2024.
- Be a Solomon Islands Citizen & in Good health both mentally and physically.
- Be under age of 25 years.
- Grade Twelve (12) with aggregate range of (4-10) for school based.
- And or Grade Thirteen (13) with Academic performance of GPA 3.0 (school based) and GPA 3.8 for upgrade students.
- Be a Solomon Islands Citizen& in Good health both mentally and physically.
- Be under age of 35 years.
- Able to meet Admission requirements at the Masters level.
- Have exceptional Academic Standing.
- Be a Solomon Islands Citizen& in good health both mentally and physically.
- Be under age of 40 years.
- Able to meet Admission requirements at the Doctoral level.
- Have exceptional Academic Standing
Applicants are required to apply online and submit x2 Certified Photocopies of relevant application documents listed below:
- Printed Online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships after submission of online application.
- Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1, 2024.
- High School Certificates (Grade 12 & 13 with certified transcripts)
- Academic transcripts & Certificate (Undergraduate Degree with transcripts)
- Detailed Study Plan; A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates and 800 plus for postgraduates
- Police Clearance Form (issued within 3 months prior to the submission date of the application)
- Two recommendation Letters from previous schools for graduate or senior scholar programs
- Four (4) Passport size photos
- Birth Certificate or NID card (or both)
- Current/Valid contact information of Parent/Guardian (separate sheet)
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English.
Specific Instruction to Apply:
To apply online visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students” at http://www.campuschina.org Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and login with your account.
Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish inputting personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
The ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and the ‘Agency Number’ is: 0901. As Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, application processing authorities will not receive your online application if the program category or agency number are not correct.
You can also visit Chinese Embassy website: http://sb.chineseembassy.org/eng/ or MEHRD website: https://www.mehrd.gov.sb/ or SITESA website: http://www.sitesa.gov.sb/ to download guidelines of the Chinese Scholarship Online Application Information System to guide you.
When applicants of “Type A” application choose the “Preferences of Institutes”, system will automatically match the available universities according to the selected “Student Category, Preferred teaching language and Major Applying for”. With any inquiry concerning the available majors of each university, please visit the following website. http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html
“Catalogue of Discipline Field, First-level Discipline, and Specialty” is available from the“Help”, applicants could download the file to identify the relation between Discipline and Major.
Completed Online Application Forms must be downloaded, printed out in two copies(x2), including all required documents listed above and submitted to:
Director – National Scholarship Division (NSD)
Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development (MEHRD)
P.O Box G28, Honiara,
The applications should reach the office no later than COB Friday, 28th of February 2023. All applicants must apply online and submit two hard copies of application form. Failure to apply online will automatically disqualify your application. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Please take note that:
- The Under-Graduate program is a FULL Chinese Language study program.
- The Foreigner Physical Examination Form will only be completed by the short-listed candidates only and;
- If you do not receive any response from MEHRD, SITESA or the Chinese Embassy in Solomon after the 15th, March 2023 then please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
For further information, please contact the following telephone numbers:
NSD Direct line: 26334
Chinese Embassy in Solomon Islands: 23895